About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Jesinta Campbell and on the 17th June, 2010 I was crowned Miss Universe Australia. I feel so blessed to represent our beautiful country and people and I have created this blog so that you can follow me over the next 12 months. I will be updating most days from Las Vegas so stay tuned!! Love, Jesinta xx

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, TALENTED, FABULOUS AND WONDERFUL? ACTUALLY WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE? YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD."

This was quoted by Nelson Mandela in his inaugural speech. It is something that has inspired me since I was young and it is something that I truly believe in. There is no point in spending time worrying if you are adequate, worthy or what others may think of you. Hiding behind your fears does not only fail to serve youself it more importantly fails to serve the world in which you live. Go out on a limb, take a risk, go after your dreams, make a statement...BE PASSIONATE! We live in a society, especially here in Australia, where we like to pull down those who are acheiving, aka "Tall poppy syndrom" but it is so important to have self belief and go after what you want and be proud of your achievements.

So go out there and serve the world by going after what you want and achieving your dreams!!

Jesinta xx

2 comments:

  1. hi Ms. Jesinta! the one "tall poppy syndrome" you mentioned, it is called "crab mentality" here in our country .. just want to share to you that part .. about the things you said, really inspiring! you're really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Mary Mae's comment... I LOVE YOUR POSITIVITY! You are really such a gem and you make me proud to be an Aussie (well... Half Aussie!) :D

    ReplyDelete